Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rory McIlroy hasn’t put a ring on it - Caroline Wozniacki denies engagement rumors
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 at 08:35 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Caroline Wozniacki has cleared the air over false engagement rumors sparked by the serious bling she was spotted sporting on her left ring finger. The pro tennis player insists that the ring was merely a Christmas present from her boyfriend, Northern Irish golfer, Rory McIlroy.
McIlroy also issued a statement after tongues started wagging. However Wozniacki insists that she simply put the ring on the finger that it fitted best.
So told the Irish Sun, “It was a Christmas present and it fits on this finger and I put it on, and all of a sudden I hear that I’m engaged. But I’m not.
“So, yeah, it’s already twice we’ve had to shut down engagement rumors.”
She added, “Don’t worry, we will let you know if that time happens!”
Read more: Scandal as Rory McIlroy’s former lover Holly bares all in saucy photo shoot
This year the Danish tennis player dropped from the top of the world ranking to number 10.
McIlroy was asked whether he’d be proposing to his girlfriend to lift her spirits after she was defeated in the first round of the Brisbane International tournament.
His response was, “I don’t think so."
Although Wozniacki’s ranking has dropped, she’s keeping everything in perspective. She said, “It’s not very tough — I’m still No 10 in the world.
“The important thing is that you are healthy. Obviously it is more fun when you are winning. Right now... it is not much fun. I fought until the end.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...