Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rory McIlroy hasn’t put a ring on it - Caroline Wozniacki denies engagement rumors
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 at 08:35 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Caroline Wozniacki has cleared the air over false engagement rumors sparked by the serious bling she was spotted sporting on her left ring finger. The pro tennis player insists that the ring was merely a Christmas present from her boyfriend, Northern Irish golfer, Rory McIlroy.
McIlroy also issued a statement after tongues started wagging. However Wozniacki insists that she simply put the ring on the finger that it fitted best.
So told the Irish Sun, “It was a Christmas present and it fits on this finger and I put it on, and all of a sudden I hear that I’m engaged. But I’m not.
“So, yeah, it’s already twice we’ve had to shut down engagement rumors.”
She added, “Don’t worry, we will let you know if that time happens!”
Read more: Scandal as Rory McIlroy’s former lover Holly bares all in saucy photo shoot
This year the Danish tennis player dropped from the top of the world ranking to number 10.
McIlroy was asked whether he’d be proposing to his girlfriend to lift her spirits after she was defeated in the first round of the Brisbane International tournament.
His response was, “I don’t think so."
Although Wozniacki’s ranking has dropped, she’s keeping everything in perspective. She said, “It’s not very tough — I’m still No 10 in the world.
“The important thing is that you are healthy. Obviously it is more fun when you are winning. Right now... it is not much fun. I fought until the end.”