Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara had to wear a merkin for her role in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
In an interview with the Metro.us, she revealed: “There was a lot of discussion that went into my merkin for the movie, because I was naked quite a lot. And I don’t think a lot of people will notice all of the attention that went into that. But there were a lot of discussions around that.”
One of the things the director David Fincher and the production crew wanted to get right was the colour of the intimate hair piece.
Rooney explained: “Well, you know, in the book she’s meant to have strawberry-blonde hair originally and she dyes it, so we had a special merkin made that was, you know, strawberry-blonde so that it would fit.”
The actress stars opposite Daniel Craig in the movie, which is based on the Swedish novel of the same name by Stieg Larsson.
There are two other books which make up the ‘Millennium Series’, ‘The Girl Who Played with Fire’ and ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest’.
All three tomes have been made into Swedish language films.