Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb's coffin will be transported to his funeral in a horse-drawn carriage through his home town
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2012 at 10:54 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Robin's glass-sided carriage - in which his coffin will be visible - will be drawn by four horses.
In a statement, his family said: "At his wish, he will say a final goodbye to fans and his home town of Thame, Oxon, this Friday prior to the funeral".
The family asked well-wishers and fans who want to pay their final respects to use the full length of the High Street to avoid congestion.
They requested donations to children's charities the Rebecca House Hospice and Wish Upon A Dream as they were "close to his heart".
His music will form a part of the service. His son RJ previously said that the hit 'I Started A Joke' will be played at the church.
And the track 'Don't Cry Alone' - one of his final compositions from his Titanic Requiem, premiered only weeks before his death - will also be played.
A memorial service for the star is expected to follow later in the year, possibly at St Paul's Cathedral.
Robin died from kidney failure last month after fighting cancer and pneumonia and suffering from a serious bowel condition. He was 62 years old.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...