Robert Pattinson signed up for acting classes to meet girls
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Still of Robert Pattinson from a Dior advert|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
The 'Twilight Saga' actor - who played Edward Cullen in the vampire franchise - admits he was "horribly shy" as a youngster, but his father convinced him to train as an actor to overcome his nerves and meet a potential girlfriend.
He said: "I was horribly shy. One day in a restaurant, my dad overheard a group of pretty girls talking about their acting classes.
"He told me, 'Sign up, you might meet someone!' I did it ... and it worked pretty well!"
Despite starring in one of the biggest film franchises of all time, the 27-year-old hunk - who was previously in a relationship with his 'Twilight' co-star Kristen Stewart - admits he still has to fight for the roles he wants and he cannot rely on his reputation.
He added to French magazine Madam Figaro: "I still have to do castings to convince some directors that I'm the man for the job. Even six months ago, I was rejected.
"For 'The Rover', I had to fight to land the role. I hope it'll be a success because I loved filming it.
"I owe a lot to chance. I never thought it would happen, but I never doubted good things would happen."
Pattinson stars in Australian crime drama 'The Rover' with Guy Pearce, Scoot McNairy and Gillian Jones.
Be the first to make a comment.
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...