Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson relieved to finish ‘The Twilight Saga’ and move on to meatier roles - VIDEOS
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Robert Pattinson in "Cosmopolis"|
In the gear-up for Cannes Film Festival this month, Pattinson chatted with Spanish magazine Telemara about his career and his ‘Twilight’ notoriety. Pattinson shared how that prior to his role as Edward Cullen in the ‘Twilight’ films, adapted from the book series by Stephanie Meyer, he was struggling to find his footing in Hollywood and couldn’t afford himself the luxury of turning down any roles offered to him.
“I was at loss, I would do one acting job after the other without any consistency. Thirty euro days job. When I was offered Twilight, I didn’t have a choice. It had been three years that my agent in Hollywood would try to find me a job without any luck. Usually, after six months of unsuccessful search, you’re dead in this industry, but she kept believing. I was never fascinated by a role but when I’m chosen I give myself to my character at 150 percent.”
He admits that signing on for ‘Twilight’ came with some reservations:
“I was scared of being cut off from the art-house cinema that I always felt passionate about. I was scared to never be asked to play in anything interesting, that my life would pass and that someone would ask me one day, ‘so apart from Twilight, what did you do?’. In this industry, you’re easily typecast.”
“I never proved anything. I was never fooled by the hysteria that surrounds me. It’s the character that I play, Edward Cullen, the romantic vampire. Besides, before the movie was even made, girls would scream at Stephenie Meyer’s public readings.”
Pattinson is excited, however, for his upcoming films that he feels are more in his niche of acting. In particular he is excited for ‘Cosmopolis,’ which is screening at Cannes Film Festival this month. Of ‘Cosmopolis,’ Pattinson said “it’s the first time I really like one of the movies I made.”
Here’s the trailer for ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 2’ to be released this fall:
And here’s the trailer for ‘Cosmopolis,’ which will be screened at Cannes Film Festival:
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...