Robert Pattinson not right for James Bond
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
According to reports Robert Pattinson wants to play super spy and ultimate cool lady's man James Bond sometime in the near future.
That would put him in direct competition with his recent co-star, Irishman Pierce Brosnan, who remains the favorite Bond ever for millions of "007" fans worldwide. The two filmed a movie together in New York. Father-and-son sort of thing.
Pattinson has the looks, but he doesn't have the suave, cool and clean persona that Brosnan personified for the spy role in Her Majesty's secret service.
Lets face it, Pattionson allegedly doesn't wash too often -- and grunge doesn't work for Bond. Can you imagine our cool, clean hero putting off the bad guys with his body odor?
An as for that big shock of hair, it wouldn't work for Bond at all. Look at Pierce at the height of his Bond days, the short-back-and sides look defines James Bond. Roger Moore had it too, and so did the ultimate, Scotsman Sean Connery.
Giving Bond the hippie look would be a complete disaster. James Bond and Woodstock just don't mix.
Pattinson says he looks like "an old Irish alcoholic." Brosnan looked like an Irish superstar when he played Bond, and was People magazine's sexiest man alive.
Pattinson is cute just in a non-Bond way
Then there's the action part. Brosnan did most of his own stunts -- incredible stuff in the high-risk arena, can-you-beat-this, Bond genre. Pattinson had to use a body double in "Twilight" for some very tame stunts indeed. Evel Knievel he ain't,
Finally, Bond is a man's man as well as irresistible to the ladies. Like all the Bonds, Brosnan had that charm. Pattinson certainly makes it with the ladies , but men are hardly shaken or stirred by him .
When it comes to this, Brosnan is the word and our Bond. Pattinson would just be a mistake, though he might do better in a Mike Myers spy spoof than in THE spy role of all time.