Robert Pattinson loses 'U.N.C.L.E' role to Bradley Cooper
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
Robert Pattinson has lost the lead role of Steven Soderberghs' remake of 'The Man from U.N.C.L.E' to Bradley Cooper.
“It’s not going to happen for Rob,” a source at Warner Brothers told Hollywood Life. “Steven is interested in working with someone he has worked with before, or someone who is not famous yet, an unknown.”
“Cooper currently has an offer to play Napoleon Solo, and the opportunity to work with Soderbergh is one that Cooper is likely to accept, considering how hard his team at CAA worked to position him for the coveted part,” according to a report by Variety.
The film is set in London in the 1960s and centers around Napoleon Solo, an American and Russian spy that worked with U.N.C.L.E. (United Network Command for Law and Enforcement) to battle the organization T.H.R.U.S.H (Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity).
George Clooney was originally slated to star in the movie but dropped out last summer. Matt Damon and Johnny Depp have also passed on the role.