Rihanna bombs in Belfast show as crowd kept waiting hours
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
Rihanna kept fans waiting for hours in her first Belfast concert last night leading to sustained booing and jeering.
A sell-out crowd of 7,000 were present at the Odyssey Theater for her appearance but they were left waiting until late in the night before she decided to appear.
There was no warm up act and Scottish DJ Calvin Harris was forced to stay on stage for hours repeatedly trying to cope with an increasingly angry crowd.
Just before 10.00pm boos began to ring out as there was no sign of the Barbados-born superstar.
After another lengthy period with Rihanna a no-show the boos and jeers became much longer and uglier.
Irish farmer tells superstar Rihanna to ‘cover up’
Rihanna asked to cover up on raunchy County Down video shoot - slideshow
How I found my Irish farmer and true love in Ireland
Finally Rihanna appeared in the middle of what the Belfast Telegraph reviewer called " a "giant hamster's wheel"..... surrounded by dancers dressed like Teletubbies."
Th reviewer Jonathan McCambridge stated
"The music itself was mostly forgettable, Umbrella being a noticeable exception."
He called the wait "unforgivable."
Rihanna courted controversy earlier this week in Northern Ireland when she posed nearly nude for a music video in a wheat field. Alan Graham,the farmer who owned the land, objected
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...