Rihanna bombs in Belfast show as crowd kept waiting hours
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
Rihanna kept fans waiting for hours in her first Belfast concert last night leading to sustained booing and jeering.
A sell-out crowd of 7,000 were present at the Odyssey Theater for her appearance but they were left waiting until late in the night before she decided to appear.
There was no warm up act and Scottish DJ Calvin Harris was forced to stay on stage for hours repeatedly trying to cope with an increasingly angry crowd.
Just before 10.00pm boos began to ring out as there was no sign of the Barbados-born superstar.
After another lengthy period with Rihanna a no-show the boos and jeers became much longer and uglier.
Irish farmer tells superstar Rihanna to ‘cover up’
Rihanna asked to cover up on raunchy County Down video shoot - slideshow
How I found my Irish farmer and true love in Ireland
Finally Rihanna appeared in the middle of what the Belfast Telegraph reviewer called " a "giant hamster's wheel"..... surrounded by dancers dressed like Teletubbies."
Th reviewer Jonathan McCambridge stated
"The music itself was mostly forgettable, Umbrella being a noticeable exception."
He called the wait "unforgivable."
Rihanna courted controversy earlier this week in Northern Ireland when she posed nearly nude for a music video in a wheat field. Alan Graham,the farmer who owned the land, objected