Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Real Steel' Hugh Jackman believes it was 'destiny' to adopt his children
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 09:22 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
He told Australia's Herald Sun newspaper: "It was painful. It's not easy. You put a lot of time and effort into it, so it's emotional. I think any parent can relate - trying to have children is wonderful and when you feel as though that's not going to happen, there's a certain anxiety that goes with it.
"We thought we'd have a kid or two biologically and then adopt. But when we decided we'd had enough of IVF, we went ahead with adoption.
"From the moment we started the adoption process, all the anxiety went away. I don't think of them as adopted - they're our children. Deb and I are believers in I suppose you could call it destiny. We feel things happened the way they are meant to. Obviously, biologically wasn't the way we were meant to have children."
Although he admits family life isn't always easy, he knows he and Deborra made the right choices.
He said: "Now, as we go through life together, sure there are challenges, but everyone's in the right place with the right people. It sounds airy-fairy, but it's something we feel very deeply."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...