Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Producers looking for an actress to play Amy Winehouse in bio-pic
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 09:38 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
A source close to the family told The Sun newspaper: "The feeling is there wouldn't be an actress under 30 who wouldn't want to play her.
"The first job is to get financial backing from co-production companies in the US. Some are showing interest because it's a sure-fire money-spinner.
"They know anything Amy-related is going to be a huge success."
Hollywood sources have also been interested in turning Amy's tragic story – which saw her achieve worldwide stardom with her album 'Back to Black', battle drink and drug abuse and endure a turbulent marriage to Blake Fielder-Civil - into a film, with one insider saying: " Amy’s life story reads like a movie even without her tragic end."
Finding an actress to play Amy could prove difficult, because of her distinctive features, fluctuating weight in the latter years of her life and unique smoky voice.
One star reportedly interested in tackling the role is Lady Gaga, who previously stated when she started her career people used to mistake her for the 'Back to Black' singer, and was so shocked when she heard of her untimely passing, she claimed she couldn't speak for 48 hours.
The pop superstar said: "I was nobody when she was first coming out. I have really dark hair and all the time on the street people would go, ‘Amy!’ And they would go, ‘Back to Black.’ They’d scream at me.”
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "Lady Gaga worshiped Amy and would love nothing more than to transform herself into her idol on the big screen. She’d be spot on performing Amy’s songs and has got the right look and attitude.
"Gaga’s been itching to make the transition from music into movies and sees this as the ideal role to launch her film career.”
Amy Winehouse's friend claims he helped her buy drugs on eve of her death
Amy Winehouse's father unveils plans for a commemorative foundation
Lady Gaga was so devastated by Amy Winehouse's death she couldn't talk for two days
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...