Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Oscar winning 'Argo' director Ben Affleck is enjoying down time after awards season wrap
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 09:09 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|Affleck with his Golden Globe|
The 'Argo' actor-and-director was the toast of the awards season - picking up wins at the Academy Awards, Golden Globes and BAFTAs - but he is now revelling in the quieter life with spouse Jennifer Garner now that the Oscars are over.
He told E! News: "I've been able to really just enjoy my good fortune in the last couple of weeks and sit back and kind of just take it in and not do anything, just eat ice cream on the couch. It's been a really nice time to hang out with my wife and that sort of thing, so we're just enjoying it."
The 40-year-old star - who has three children with Jennifer, daughters Violet, seven, and Seraphina, four, and 12-month-old son Samuel - explained that work on the Best Picture-winning film didn't end when the cameras stopped rolling because of the manic awards season, but life has now returned to normal.
He said: "There's a good period of time that I see as an extension of the movie and the work that you put into the movie continues through that time and it's great in a lot of different ways. And then it ends."