Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Oscar winning actress Brenda Fricker admits she’s “broke” -- Former actress penniless and in therapy
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 09:20 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Brenda Fricker is penniless|
Brenda Fricker, former television and film actress, is now completely broke according to the Sun.
The acclaimed Irish actress said, “I lived off my savings while they lasted, now I’m completely broke.” But her financial worries have not dampened her outlook on life. She added, “But as long as I can have a roof over my head and feed the dog and feed myself, I’m perfectly content.”
The 67 year old actress appeared on the Sky Arts program Living the Life, a tv show in which famous people interview one another. Fricker was interviewed by actress Anna Friel. The episode airs on November 6.
Other stars who have appeared on the show include John Hurt, James Nesbitt, and Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman. During her interview, Fricker admitted that she had suffered from depression for 50 years and has attempted suicide 32 times. She said, “You get so bloody tired of nobody listening to you.”
Fricker added, “But now I go to a therapist once a week, purely to have a conversation and to hear another human voice.” She said that she does not want to live to be 100. Fricker said in the interview, “I’m not that keen on life. I’m not a high-energy person.” She talked to Friel about how she has felt ostracized from the Irish film and television industry.
The star seems to be doing alright despite her present circumstances. She told Friel, “I enjoy the small things in life and I toddle from day to day, and some days are great and some days are not so great. I don’t want to live to be 100.”
The actress has always had a very straight forward style. Earlier this year she criticized both the Republic of Telly star Jennifer Maguire and the Irish Film and Television Awards. She said, “The people who were presenting it were disgraceful. Those young people got everything wrong. It was a mess. I was cringing in my seat.”
The Irish actress played the nurse Megan Roach in the hit BBC series Casualty. She also appeared in more than 30 films, including Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and Glenn Close’s recent film, Albert Nobbs. She won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in ‘My Left Foot’ in 1990.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...