Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction makes grown men weep - Dad breaks down with emotion - VIDEO
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
One Direction brought a Brisbane father to tears this week, when his daughter achieved her dream of meeting the teenage pinups.
Anthony Lee and his daughter Catie Rose managed to catch a moment with the band as they left a photo shoot in Brisbane.
With camera in hand, the proud father, now being duped Australia’s best dad, cried tears of joy when his teenage daughter got to meet the British boy band.
"We waited for three hours and when they came out we met them," Catie Rose told the TODAY Show.
Lee said they had previously tried to meet the teenage boy band through competitions and at concerts.
"We never got tickets but we got the best thing, a hug from Harry and autographs from all the boys," Lee said.
When a reporter questioned why he was crying Lee replied "just to see her happy because she tried so hard".
"It's taken so long to get her here and she's got a signed thing by them. She's done it."
Also crying, Catie Rose told the reporter "I love him (her dad) so much."
Watch the video here.
Watch One Direction perform ‘Use Somebody’ at the Brisbane Convention center on Wednesday: