Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction have signed a new contract which means if one of them quits all the others lose out financially
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 08:31 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Teaser from the band's new music video "Kiss You"|
A source told The Sun newspaper: "It's a really clever contract that the boys have signed up to. It means they have a real incentive to tough it out and stick together.
"The formal length is for 36 months and an album a year - but the clever part is they get the big pay day after the three years. If one of them walks away before then, then all five miss out on the money.
"They don't miss out on a few quid either, we are talking millions. They all get on really well, but it would be the kind of deal that would see them through the worst aggro possible."
Since forming in 2010 after failing to get through as solo artists on the UK edition of 'The X Factor', the group have enjoyed huge worldwide success and both their albums, 'Up All Night' and 'Take Me Home' topped the charts in several countries including the UK, America and Australia.