Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction have been put on a healthy eating plan - Niall Horan and the boys told to eat their veg
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2012 at 10:03 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "The make-up they constantly wear on stage affects their skin - Harry in particular is prone to terrible spots.
"The way their management is coping with this is to give the boys three big vegetable drinks a day which are full of vitamins.
"The lads are already sick of their health drinks but they know they have to have them."
However, though the 'What Makes You Beautiful' hitmakers have reluctantly adopted the smoothie diet, but are adamant they won't be cutting out junk food any time soon.
The insider added: "When they're rehearsing for hours on end the boys almost always have takeaway pizza and Harry is a sucker for Chinese takeaways.
"The boys have agreed to have their smoothies to help with the spots, but they won't be giving up fast food."
Meanwhile, 20-year-old Louis complained of going deaf in one ear after a gig last week because of the band's screaming female fans.
Louis moaned:"I am actually going slightly deaf in my right ear. It's tinnitus... something like that.
"All our fans are always very loud."
The boys' management is making them wear special earpieces and filters to reduce the high-pitched noise as a result.