Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
One Direction fights back against lawsuit
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
One Direction are countersuing after a virtually unknown American boy band, also calling itself One Direction, filed a law suit against the very well known British boy band saying that group stole their name.
According to E! News, the U.K One Direction says they have "continuously and consistently been utilizing the ONE DIRECTION Mark since ODUK made its public debut on the popular British television program 'The X Factor' in the fall of 2010."
However, the U.S. group, who are also suing Sony Music and Simon Cowell's record label for $1 million, are claiming they have been calling themselves One Direction since 2009 and are asking the hit band to change its name.
"[U.S. One Direction] is guilty of fraud, oppression or malice, and by reason thereof, [U.K. One Direction] are, in addition to their actual damages, entitled to recover punitive damages," said the U.K. One Direction's lawsuit.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...