Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'One Day' star Anne Hathaway likes having her “heart ripped out” by romantic movies
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 at 10:12 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Anne Hathaway at the 'One Day' premiere|
She told LongIslandPress.com: “I love to have my heart challenged. And ripped out. And woken up, in unexpected ways. And the thing I love about romance is the more specific the characters are, the more fun the stories are.
“So it gives you great opportunities as an actor to draw a character that feels really nuanced.”
The top ten greatest Irish drinking songs - VIDEOS
Damian McGinty wins the Glee Project - Shock as he thought he'd lost, only to be told he'd won - VIDEOS
An apology to ‘Glee Project’s’ Damian McGinty from his No. 1 fan - VIDEOS
Anne – who plays Emma in the film, about two people who spend one night together and are then shown on the same day in subsequent years of their life – added she thinks ‘One Day’ is a refreshing antidote to formulaic romantic comedies.
She said: “I don’t mean to knock traditional romcoms—they can be so much fun. But how many times can you watch people spill coffee on each other? And then three weeks later they’re soulmates, and they want to be together forever? And then at the end of the movie, somebody is running across a field?”