Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Olivia Wilde idolized co-star Jennifer Garner on the set 'Butter'
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 at 10:32 AM
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain wants to protect her private life
- Cat Deeley kept her wedding to Patrick Kielty a secret by pretending she was organizing her 40th birthday
- ‘Lone Ranger’ star Johnny Depp has revealed he is almost completely blind in one eye
- TV host Nick Cannon tried to reach out to Amanda Bynes
- Selma Blair has been axed from 'Anger Management' after clashing with Charlie Sheen
|Olivia Wilde & Jennifer Garner|
Olivia admits she was in awe of 40-year-old Jennifer because she managed to balance work with the responsibilities of looking after her three children - Violet, six, Seraphina, three, and six-month-old Samuel.
Olivia gushed: "I would stare at smart Jennifer, who has three children and shepherded this project, and I'd follow her around in her arms if she'd let me."
The 'Tron: Legacy' star had wanted the get the film - a political satire of the 2008 Democratic Presidential primary contest in the US - made for years but it was only when Jennifer showed an interest that the film got off the ground.
Olivie added to the New York Post newspaper: "I play Brooke, a sardonic stripper with a heart of gold ... This outrageous comedy was on my list for years. I was obsessed with it. Willing to fight for the role. But I couldn't get it going on my own. Then along came Jennifer Garner, who has a production company and - voila! - it got made.
"It's sort of a political diatribe, picking on the Tea Party a little, but no characters like Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann. It really makes fun of the delicious extremism in our country. And then, of course, on top of the whole thing, naturally, there's a butter contest."