Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Nicole Kidman suffered from depression after split from Tom Cruise
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:43 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Nicole said: "I got married really fast and really young. But I don't regret that because it got me Bella and Connor and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period.
"Then when it didn't work out I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression. I have no regrets about all of it. It was all part of growing up."
The flame-haired beauty is now happily married to country singer Keith Urban, with whom she has biological daughter Sunday Rose, four, and 22-month-old Faith, born to a surrogate mother.
The 'Australia' actress admitted being unable to conceive naturally had a huge impact on her depression and she was left devastated by a series of miscarriages and failed IFV treatments until her "miracle" daughter came along.
Nicole added to Who magazine: "I had so much time thinking that wasn't going to happen in my life and trying to understand that. When it did happen - and for it to be a surprise - hat was great.
"I had tried and failed and failed and failed. Not to be too detailed, but I've had an ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages and I've had fertility treatments. I've done all the stuff you can possibly do to try get pregnant.
"Every woman who has been through all those ups and downs knows the depression that comes with it. So the way it just happened with Sunday was like, 'What?' The percentages were so low. It is the miracle in my life."