Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michael Fassbender thinks his new sex addict movie 'Shame' is 'hopeful' - VIDEO
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The 34-year-old star plays the role of troubled sex addict Brandon in the film directed by Steve McQueen, and while the bleak nature of the project was potentially upsetting, he thinks there is a glimmer of hope because it proves addictions can be overcome.
He said: "I mean for me there's always hope. I think there's hope because you know, he's trying to deal with it. That's enough hope for me. If there's no hope, for me personally, what's the f**king point? We might as well all just give up.
"So that's the hope for me, he's struggling, he's trying. Whether he goes with her or he doesn't I don't know."
For news on movies click here
Top ten movies to watch before you visit Ireland – VIDEOS
Rihanna slammed for ‘hopeless place’ image of Belfast in video
However the 'X-Men: First Class' actor found it easy to "dive" into the script of the film.
He told BANG Showbiz: "I just dive into the script and find the person in the script and you ask a lot of questions, it's all kind of boring. It's just about relating the character back to yourself, asking honest questions to yourself and finding the characteristics and ticking the boxes. I don't know where the relation starts and ends but it's just about being honest with yourself."