Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michael Fassbender thinks his new sex addict movie 'Shame' is 'hopeful' - VIDEO
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 09:51 AM
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' costar Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
The 34-year-old star plays the role of troubled sex addict Brandon in the film directed by Steve McQueen, and while the bleak nature of the project was potentially upsetting, he thinks there is a glimmer of hope because it proves addictions can be overcome.
He said: "I mean for me there's always hope. I think there's hope because you know, he's trying to deal with it. That's enough hope for me. If there's no hope, for me personally, what's the f**king point? We might as well all just give up.
"So that's the hope for me, he's struggling, he's trying. Whether he goes with her or he doesn't I don't know."
For news on movies click here
Top ten movies to watch before you visit Ireland – VIDEOS
Rihanna slammed for ‘hopeless place’ image of Belfast in video
However the 'X-Men: First Class' actor found it easy to "dive" into the script of the film.
He told BANG Showbiz: "I just dive into the script and find the person in the script and you ask a lot of questions, it's all kind of boring. It's just about relating the character back to yourself, asking honest questions to yourself and finding the characteristics and ticking the boxes. I don't know where the relation starts and ends but it's just about being honest with yourself."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...