Matthew McConaughey isn't hoping to win an Oscar Award for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Matthew McConaughey stars in "Dallas Buyers Club"|
Irish Entertainment Video
, Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment
, Irish American
The 43-year-old actor insists he didn't take on the role of real-life AIDS victim Ron Woodroof in the drama movie to be recognized at the Academy Awards but to tell an important story and broaden his career.
Quizzed on rumors of a possible Best Actor nomination for his performance, he said: "There's nothing out there that I am chasing. I want my work to translate. Last year was an incredibly creative year of work for me. It was also the first year I lost money. How about that? Make sure you [write] that I'm saying that with a grin. I'm looking for great experiences."
The Hollywood hunk - who is married to Brazilian model Camila Alves - had to lose a significant amount of weight to play Woodroof and he did so with a combination of a controlled diet and self-control.
Speaking at the Toronto International Film festival, he told USAToday.com: "I lost 47 pounds. On the face of it, that's something. It did inform what I was able to do. There's the literal hunger but there's also this headstrong insatiability. The body is more resilient than we give it credit for. I was eating meals. I had controlled meals."
Here's the trailer:
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...