Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey bases the work of his charity on the needs of his own children
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 at 09:14 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Explaining why he and Camila work well together, he said: "We have children together! We see with our kids what things they need or what they have that we feel other kids need. She challenges me on what is going to make things better, what’s going to make things count."
The 'Fool's Gold' actor was brought up to help others and learned how rewarding it could be from a young age, and is grateful that through his foundation he is able to reach out to others in a way he enjoys.
He told gossip website JustJared.com: "I’ve had the instincts to help since I was a kid. I was raised that way. As a kid I was pushed to go give time in my community and it felt good. You learn as a kid. I learned from my parents that people that have, and people that are in a position that can, then give back in a way you can.
"The challenge is to find out which way to do that, which way is best for you that makes it personal but yet it’s something people need, because there are a million things people need. What do we do with my organization is something I love doing day to day."