Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey bases the work of his charity on the needs of his own children
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 at 09:14 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
Explaining why he and Camila work well together, he said: "We have children together! We see with our kids what things they need or what they have that we feel other kids need. She challenges me on what is going to make things better, what’s going to make things count."
The 'Fool's Gold' actor was brought up to help others and learned how rewarding it could be from a young age, and is grateful that through his foundation he is able to reach out to others in a way he enjoys.
He told gossip website JustJared.com: "I’ve had the instincts to help since I was a kid. I was raised that way. As a kid I was pushed to go give time in my community and it felt good. You learn as a kid. I learned from my parents that people that have, and people that are in a position that can, then give back in a way you can.
"The challenge is to find out which way to do that, which way is best for you that makes it personal but yet it’s something people need, because there are a million things people need. What do we do with my organization is something I love doing day to day."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...