Mark Wahlberg apologizes after 9/11 attacks comments - VIDEO
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Action hero Mark Walhberg|
In a major faux pas, Mark Wahlberg has made comments about 9/11 that have triggered disgust from the families of those affected by the tragedy. Wahlberg was scheduled to be on one of the flights that struck the World Trade Center in 2001, but had switched his flight at the last minute.
In an interview with Men’s Journal magazine, Wahlberg said, “If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, ‘OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.”
Families of the victims of 9/11, along with the general public, were outraged with Wahlberg’s comments. The movie star was quick to offer an apology.
“To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with, and to suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive; it was certainly not my intention,” he said late yesterday.
“Dumb comment, smart apology,” said one ABC News reporter who covered the apology.
Surely, it will take some time for Wahlberg’s comments to blow over.
Here, catch the video of ABC News reporting on the story:
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...