Mark Wahlberg apologizes after 9/11 attacks comments - VIDEO
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
|Action hero Mark Walhberg|
In a major faux pas, Mark Wahlberg has made comments about 9/11 that have triggered disgust from the families of those affected by the tragedy. Wahlberg was scheduled to be on one of the flights that struck the World Trade Center in 2001, but had switched his flight at the last minute.
In an interview with Men’s Journal magazine, Wahlberg said, “If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, ‘OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.”
Families of the victims of 9/11, along with the general public, were outraged with Wahlberg’s comments. The movie star was quick to offer an apology.
“To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with, and to suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive; it was certainly not my intention,” he said late yesterday.
“Dumb comment, smart apology,” said one ABC News reporter who covered the apology.
Surely, it will take some time for Wahlberg’s comments to blow over.
Here, catch the video of ABC News reporting on the story: