Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey hopes her 'American Idol' feud with fellow judge Nicki Minaj will be good for the show's ratings
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 at 08:24 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey|
She told Barbara Walters in a new interview with ABC News: "It felt like an unsafe work environment. Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate."
"I'm a professional. I'm not used to that type of environment," before revealing that she hired extra body guards because she felt it "was the appropriate thing to do."
She added: "Sitting there on the road with two babies, I'm not going to take any chances."
Mariah is one of the three new judges to join the reality TV show's judging panel for its new season, which kicks off on January 16.
And the singer admitted that she hopes her battle with Nicki will help to boost the show's ratings.
She said: "For all the drama, I hope it helps the show."
Mariah's husband Nick Cannon previously insisted he "wasn't concerned" Nicki would be a threat to his wife's safety.
He said: "I wasn't concerned. That's exactly what you called it - drama. With drama, it's theatrics. I'm not worried about that stuff.
"I wasn't there. It made for good news. It sounded good, right? Good job, Fox!"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...