Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lindsay Lohan's latest rehab stint in New York will cost $51,750
Posted on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 09:12 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Although the judge in the case had originally ordered Lindsay to a lockdown facility, in which patients are unable to leave by choice, the star's lawyer and prosecutors have settled on the non-lockdown institution due to its high security.
The facility was reportedly chosen as it boasts 24-hour staffing and security cameras, which will make it easier to keep a watchful eye over the troubled 26-year-old star, as well as notify police should she leave and violate her probation.
While the 'Liz & Dick' star is technically free to leave the non-lockdown centre of her own will, leaving the facility would constitute a violation of her plea deal and likely result in the judge ordering Lindsay to jail.
Lindsay will be expected to adhere to Seafield's strict policies, which include banning mobile phones and tobacco, as well as a strict dress code, during her stay.
Meanwhile, the actress will allegedly receive a 90-day rehab programme created just for her, as patients don't usually stay beyond 28 days.
Lindsay is expected to begin her rehabilitation in early May and has hailed the medical intervention as a "blessing".
She told 'The Late Show with David Letterman' on Tuesday: "To be honest, I'm happiest when I'm working - the healthiest.
"I think this is an opportunity for me to focus on what I love in life. And I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it's a blessing."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...