Lindsay Lohan wants to quit rehab - tries to escape Betty Ford Center after docs cut off Adderall
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The 26-year-old actress - who recently began 90 days of court-ordered treatment after pleading "no contest" to lying to police about being behind the wheel during a car crash last June - is furiously planning to escape from the Betty Ford Centre after doctors decided to cut off her supply of Adderall, the psycho-stimulant medication, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the 'Scary Movie 5' star was stripped of her medication after doctors evaluated her this week and decided she does not need it, despite her claims that she suffers from ADHD.
Betty Ford's doctors rarely prescribe anyone over the age of 15 the powerful drug, because they believe there are plenty of alternative treatments and also think that many people misuse the drug to control their weight.
Lindsay is now telling friends that she cannot continue to stay there and wants to move to another rehab facility, which will allow her to continue taking Adderall.
But insiders believe that prosecutors and Judge Jim Dabney are very unlikely to go against the recommendations made by doctors at Betty Ford, where she is on total lockdown, and let her move.
Unlike other patients, Lindsay is not allowed to leave the facility, located in the luxurious resort community of Rancho Mirage, California, at any point during her stay.
The actress has been assigned a full team of carers - including a psychologist, dietician, chemical dependency technician and physician - who have devised a tailored care plan for her.
The troubled starlet was previously said to have freaked out and ditched her original plan to enter the Seafield Centre in New York for treatment because it doesn't allow its patients to smoke.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...