Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga's new family NY restaurant has been slammed by a top food critic
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2012 at 10:07 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
New York eatery Joanne Trattoria - which is backed by the Lady Gaga and run by her parents Cynthia and Joseph - was criticized on opening last Wednesday for its "clueless" waiters and "unspeakably fatty" food.
Food critic Steve Cuzzo wrote a damning review for the New York Post newspaper, entitled 'You'll gag on the food at Gagas.'
He blasted: "You don't expect a brand-new eatery to be running on all cylinders. But Joanne, owned by the pop superstar's parents, last night was running mainly on acrid-smelling burnt vinegar wafting intermittently through the raucous dining room.
"Clueless busboys wandered the floor, performing no other function than to pour tap water into sparkling."
The critic went on to slam the "overpriced" and "unspeakably fatty veal osso bucco", complained about a 50-minute wait for food and branded the grilled calamari as "the worst I've had in a lifetime of squid-mongering."
Despite his comments, Steve was lambasted for reviewing the restaurant on its opening night.
One reader hit back online, saying: "Who in their right mind goes to a restaurant on opening, let alone review it?"
Finding their roots - top Hollywood Irish and their heritage - PHOTOS
Robert Pattinson behind-the-scenes in ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn- Part 2’ birth scene bloopers – VIDEO
Government urged to keep number 13 from Irish car registrations next year
However, the critic insisted his review was justified because of the extent of the promotion Gaga - who was not present for the opening - and her parents had done in the lead up to it welcoming customers.
He wrote: "The Germanottas, [Art] Smith [chef] and Gaga herself, with the windiest hype machine east of the Pacific, have been trumpeting the joint for months. For Day One, couldn't they at least get some people who act like they've seen the inside of a restaurant before?"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...