Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga inherited her wild streak from her father
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at 08:34 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
She explained: "He was having sex with girls under the boardwalk in New Jersey before he went to see Bruce Springsteen.
"He saw a lot of himself in me. My first piano teacher was a stripper. My dad told me later. I used to say to her, 'Why do you have such long nails?' She just said, 'Someday you'll understand why.’ ”
However, the 25-year-old singer credits her father with "kicking her ass" and helping her to stop using cocaine.
She told US radio host Howard Stern: "I was for sure addicted to coke. I got off it because my father called me out and kicked my ass.
"I didn't do it with people, I did it alone. But I regret every line I did."
Despite overcoming her habit, Lady Gaga – real name Stefani Germanotta – confessed to still smoking cannabis on an occasional basis.
She added: "I don't do weed that often - and I tell the truth about that. I don't respect artists who aren't honest about what they do recreationally."