Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga has 'worshipped' Madonna her whole life
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 11:07 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
The ‘Edge Of Glory’ hitmaker – whose musical style has been compared to that of the legendary singer – explained she also feels “connected to and inspired by” the likes of Barbra Streisand, Cher and Blondie.
She told The Advocate magazine: “They’re my sisters. I feel so connected to Madonna in a lot of ways, and I feel connected to Barbra, and I feel connected to Cher and Blondie and all of the women who came before me.
"I worshipped them my whole life, and I would never be where I am today without all of them to inspire me. I feel so grateful that I have such strong women to look up to."
It would appear the feeling is mutual for Blondie frontwoman Debbie Harry, who recently praised Lady Gaga for bring a breath of fresh air to the US music scene.
She said: “Gaga is truly talented and slightly mad. I find her encouraging.
"It's such a conservative period in the US. We have even had attempts at censorship, which I find appalling and terrible. Artists like Gaga are necessary during periods like this."