Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga has 'worshipped' Madonna her whole life
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 11:07 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
The ‘Edge Of Glory’ hitmaker – whose musical style has been compared to that of the legendary singer – explained she also feels “connected to and inspired by” the likes of Barbra Streisand, Cher and Blondie.
She told The Advocate magazine: “They’re my sisters. I feel so connected to Madonna in a lot of ways, and I feel connected to Barbra, and I feel connected to Cher and Blondie and all of the women who came before me.
"I worshipped them my whole life, and I would never be where I am today without all of them to inspire me. I feel so grateful that I have such strong women to look up to."
It would appear the feeling is mutual for Blondie frontwoman Debbie Harry, who recently praised Lady Gaga for bring a breath of fresh air to the US music scene.
She said: “Gaga is truly talented and slightly mad. I find her encouraging.
"It's such a conservative period in the US. We have even had attempts at censorship, which I find appalling and terrible. Artists like Gaga are necessary during periods like this."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...