Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Lady Gaga claims she "went bankrupt" during her 'Monster Ball' world tour
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 09:28 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
She told the Financial Times newspaper: "I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the 'Monster Ball'. And it was funny because I didn't know! And I remember I called everybody and said, 'Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five number one singles' - and they said, 'Well, you're $3 million in debt.' "
However, Gaga hasn't curbed her spending since her tour and reportedly recently sent minders to buy memorabilia from London of the British royal family to decorate her home with and remind her of her fans in England.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Gaga has sent her staff to London to spend £10,000 on Princess Diana and Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding memorabilia. She wants to set up a room in her New York apartment dedicated to London and all her precious Little Monsters over there.”
In addition to her extravagancies, the 'Judas' singer has also been looking after her parents with her riches.
She said: "The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga licence plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car."