Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Katie Holmes to get $400,000 per year in child support from Tom Cruise in divorce settlement
Posted on Monday, August 27, 2012 at 09:24 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Katie Holmes, Suri and Tom Cruise|
A source told TMZ.com Katie will receive $400,000 a year in child maintenance, equating to $33,333.33 a month.
He will be paying the support for the next 12 years until Suri is 18, totalling $4.8 million.
It has also been discovered both parties agreed that the tot would not attend a "residential" school - meaning she cannot be taken to an educational establishment with boarding.
Tom has also agreed to pay for all of Suri's expenses, including dental, medical, education and college costs.
Katie is believed to be a "new woman" since splitting from the 50-year-old actor, and is glad to be free of quasi-cult Scientology, to which Tom is devoted.
A source said: "She now gets to see her family more, feels free to concentrate on her career and is no longer living in fear of Scientology.
"Katie is a new woman, she feels refreshed, free of Tom and doesn't have a worry in the world."