Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jennifer Grey wins out over Bristol Palin in 'Dancing with the Stars' finale - SEE VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 04:11 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Although Grey had been the front runner, scoring consistently high marks from the judges on Monday night the 50-year-old "Dirty Dancing" actress ruptured a disc in her back. However she still managed to win the coveted disco ball trophy.
On winning the competition she said "The absolute destination for me was the journey. The journey was the gift."
She said that her mind just went black before the winner was announced "I was in a surrender moment of whatever happens will be great," said Grey.
Former child star, Kyle Massey, was runner up with Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol Palin, coming in third.
"Dancing with the Stars" recorded a record number of votes for the finale which cause some problems with overloaded telephone voting systems. A statement from the producers said "Some viewers reported experiencing difficulties registering their votes for the 'Dancing with the Stars' finale, which affected each finalist equally." However the problems were fixed quickly.
Bristol Palin's appearance on the show caused a divide in the audience. According to the BBC website on man blasted his TV with a shotgun while watching the show last week.
Speaking about competing she said "This has been a life-changing experience," and added that winning would have been like "a big middle finger to all the people out there that hate my mom and hate me".
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...