Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Iron Man’ star Robert Downey Jr wishes he'd had ‘proper discipline’ in his teenage life
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 08:51 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
rules in place when he was a youngster.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, he said: "I wish I'd had proper discipline in my life at 18."
The star credits his second wife, Susan Downey - whom he married in 2005 - for getting his life back on track and encouraging him to create order and future plans.
He explained: "When I finally had some [discipline], from my wife Susan, I realised how much easier things could have been."
Robert - who claims he started using marijuana at the age of six - has been drug free since 2003 but admits his addiction to substances meant his career took a back seat and he developed a negative attitude
towards acting for some time.
He said: "People who understand drug abuse know that you are not dealing with a rational mind.
"My attitude was always, 'F**k it, I don't care. I don't care about fame. I don't care if I f**k up my career. It's not important to me."
See more: Irish American , Irish Celebrity Gossip , Irish Entertainment Blog
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...