Irish golf champ Graeme McDowell marries in the Bahamas
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Graeme McDowell and his new wife Kristin Stape.|
Congrats to Northern Irish golfer and former U.S. Open winner Graeme McDowell, who tied the knot with his American girlfriend Kristin Stape in the Bahamas on Saturday.
The wedding was a small one, with only 30 family members and friends, but a larger bash is on tap for McDowell’s native Portrush later in the year.
An interior designer based in Florida, the couple met when GMac hired Kristin’s firm to gussy up his luxury home in Lake Nona, just outside Orlando. They got engaged last year on a holiday in Dubai.
“I did it properly, getting down on one knee,” McDowell told the press last year.
“She had no idea what was going on and was shocked and stunned. I even found myself getting a little bit emotional. So now she’ll be moving into the house she’s designed.
“Hopefully she’s built a house she likes because it’ll cost me a lot of money if we have to change it.”
Stape has a child from a previous relationship. And she says she loves her man’s Irish home.
"I've been over before when the weather was amazing," she said. "Graeme took me to see the Giant’s Causeway and the rope bridge. Northern Ireland is a magical place.”
She’s also proven popular with her new in-laws who still live in Portrush. “Kristin is a lovely girl and Graeme’s parents adore her,” a pal of the golfer told The Belfast Telegraph.
Absent from the Bahamas nuptials was GMac’s bestie on the PGA Tour, fellow Northern Irishman Rory McIlroy. He was hanging out with British soccer star Wayne Rooney, but apparently it was for business reasons.
"Rory was in the U.K. to do a photo shoot for one of his sponsors Nike," a spokesperson for the golfer told the Herald in Dublin. "Wayne Rooney is another Nike athlete and they did the shoot together."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...