Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Inception' Tom Hardy says he's a 'softie' despite his tough guy persona
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2011 at 10:53 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Tom – who is engaged to actress Charlotte Riley and has a three-year-old son Louis from a previous relationship – said:
"There is a softie within me, you know, I'm someone's dad, I have a three year old who means the world to me. I really just want to be with my missus and my son and my dog and do films and be left alone."
When portraying tough guys, Tom – who stars in new spy movie 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' opposite Gary Oldman – has based his performances on what would frighten him in real life.
'Warrior' and 'Inception' actor Tom Hardy wants to put his dog's ashes in a pillow
Tom Hardy found playing an alcoholic character in 'Warrior' a 'cathartic' experience
In an interview with Handbag.com, the 34-year-old actor explained: "In all honesty all the tough characters I've played have been a bit mad, a bit strong and a bit tough, but I've just put on the outside what I consider to look strong and that's being observed by somebody who is terrified of being hurt. I think the most fundamental thing about security is to know where your vulnerabilities are and where your weak spots are and because I'm terrified of being damaged I've learnt to see it coming, so when you see my characters those are people who scare me."