Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"I never watch Daniel Craig as James Bond," says Pierce Brosnan
Posted on Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
The former hunkier Irish "007" has said that although he has made several attempts to watch the new Bond movies starting Daniel Craig he still hasn't managed to do so.
Brosnan, who was born in Ireland Navan, Co. Meath, said he is now superstitious about watching Craig in role he once occupied in the Bond movies, 'Goldeneye', 'Tomorrow Never Dies', 'The World is Not Enough', and 'Die Another Day'.
The former "007" star said every time he tries to watch "Quantum of Solace" something goes wrong.
Brosnan says, "I got the Academy screener (preview DVD) for 'Quantum of Solace', turned it on for my boys and left them to it. I didn't go near it. I tried watching it on an aeroplane, but the DVD broke down. The attendant came and changed it and it broke down a second time so I figured, 'OK, the Gods must be saying something'."
"So I never went near it. I just thought, 'Let sleeping dogs lie."
Brosnan also admits was very surprised in 2004 when producers informed him that he would no longer be playing the role of the infamous James Bond but he said he got over it.