Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Hugh Jackman went without water for 36 hours before filming the opening scene in 'Les Miserables'
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 at 08:11 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Jackman as Jean Valjean|
Speaking at the world premiere of 'Les Miserables' at London's Odeon Leicester Square cinema, Hugh told BANG Showbiz: "I had to lose a lot of weight, so I went on a very strict diet. I even went without water for 36 hours before I filmed the opening scene. And then after that, I put on weight. I was training every day."
In the movie, Russell Crowe plays Valjean's arch-enemy, Javert, and Hugh said he loved every moment of working with Russell, especially as they have a lot of history together.
He said: "I've known for Russell for years. If you ever go to a party thrown by Russell you end up singing so we had a lot of practice! But it was great working with him and he's one of the world's greatest actors. I love him."
Other stars to walk the red carpet at the premiere included Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron-Cohen.
'Les Miserables' is released in the US on Christmas Day and around the world on January 11 2013.