Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Harry Potter's' Daniel Radcliffe has confessed he developed an alcohol problem at 18
Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2011 at 10:03 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The 22-year-old actor – who shot to fame in 2001 when he first played the titular role in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone’ - says he started drinking heavily while working on the sixth movie in the franchise, 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince', because it's what he thought he should do.
He said: “I became so reliant on alcohol to enjoy stuff. There were a few years there when I was just so enamoured with the idea of living some sort of famous person’s lifestyle that really isn’t suited to me.”
Evanna Lynch and other ‘Harry Potter’ stars attend Universal convention
‘Harry Potter’ star Fiona Shaw to star in HBO’s ‘True Blood’
'Twilight' director hopes fame won't change Robert Pattinson
Daniel says he gave up alcohol last August and now enjoys spending quality time with his girlfriend Olive Uniacke rather than partying.
He told the UK edition of GQ magazine: “I’m actually enjoying the fact I can have a relationship with my girlfriend where I’m really pleasant and I’m not f***ing up totally all the time. As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn’t work for me. I do that very unsuccessfully. I’d just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh. There’s no shame in enjoying the quiet life. And that’s been the realization of the past few years for me.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...