Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Gwyneth Paltrow admits she and Chris Martin 'fall in and out of love'
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Gwyneth Paltrow - who has a seven-year-old daughter, Apple, and a five-year-old son, Moses, with her spouse Chris Martin - thinks their ups-and-downs have only made their union stronger.
The 39-year-old actress said: "My parents were married for 30-something years, and my dad said [it was] because they never wanted to get divorced at the same time.
"I think you do fall in and out of love and you just keep going, and every time you go through a really difficult phase, you rediscover something new and it just gets better. We've been married for more than eight years now, and we're still into it."
Gwyneth also admitted she believes one of the reasons why her marriage has lasted is because she is willing to "compromise" in order to be there for Coldplay star Chris.
'Breaking Dawn' director thinks Robert Pattinson is great with kids
‘Anonymous’ hacks phone call between FBI and Scotland Yard over Irish intelligence sharing
Dublin’s dolls hospital and teddy bears clinic, the DollStore, to close – VIDEO
She told the new issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine: "I have little kids in school. I want to maintain my marriage and my family, so I have to be here when he comes home."
Explaining that an unnamed friend recently came to her for advice, she added: "She is an actress and in a new relationship with someone else with a big career, and I said this may not be feminist, but you have to compromise. It's been all about you, and you're a big deal. And if you want what you're saying you want - a family - you have to be a wife, and that is part of the equation. Gloria Steinem may string me up by my toes, but all I can do is my best, and I can do only what works for me and my family."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...