Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Glenn Beck breaks down and cries about his mother’s suicide on the ‘Today’ show - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Glenn Beck in tears|
“I’m much more than a cartoon character,” Beck said at the start of the interview before it turned more emotional. During the chat, Beck speaks of his new fictional book “The Snow Angel,” which he says is inspired by the abuse he endured as a child.
“My father told me - and great, now the Today show is going to make fun of me again [chuckling] - abuse is generational” said a choked-up Beck.
Later in the interview, Beck offers his insight on the recent Occupy Wall Street protests.
“I wouldn’t want to be my kids, I wouldn’t want to be my wife,” says Beck at the close of his interview, in reference to how the public perceives him. After leaving his show on FOX, Beck has since created his own online-subscription service Glenn Beck Television, otherwise known as “GBTV.”
Below, check out the interview with Katie Lee and Glenn as featured on the ‘Today’ show.