Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
George Clooney's ex, 'DWTS' star Elisabetta Canalis says she's a 'doormat' when it comes to love
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2011 at 09:33 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Elisabetta Canalis on 'DWTS'|
She said: “I'm a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to love I am a doormat," she said. "I'm looking for men who can give me security.
"I have always seen cold and controlled men as the right ones for me. You have to accept that Prince Charming who is coming to save you is not going to happen - it works against you."
Tristan MacManus and Nancy Grace step out for 'Dancing with the Stars'- Is Nancy ready to throw her weight around?
Dancing with the Stars’ 2012 pairings announced - Nancy Grace paired with Irish dancer Tristan MacManus – VIDEOS
George Clooney says Obama’s current woes are the reason he’ll never run for president
The Italian beauty – who is set to appear on the upcoming series of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ – is now hopeful about future romances, but explained she still sees the end of a relationship as a “personal failure”.
Elisabetta added in an interview with Italian magazine Chi: “At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty is saying goodbye.
"In the past I would self destruct when it came to love - I was immature, throwing myself into things but now times have changed, I want a relationship where you understand the other person."