Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Former Miss World Rosanna Davison plans Mauritius vacation
Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Rosanna Davison (Mark Stedman/Photocall Ireland)|
Rosanna is living in Dublin, modeling and socializing, of course. She’s also planning her annual family holiday to the island of Mauritius, even though many in Ireland are calling for a boycott of the nation because Irish honeymooner Michaela McAreavey was murdered there in 2011, and no one has been brought to justice for the crime.
Rosanna, 28, has no intention of finding another island where the sun shines for her end of year kickback with the folks.
"I completely understand why (Michaela’s) family, friends and relatives will have developed a forever-tainted view of Mauritius and it's hard to even put into words how devastated I am for both families,” the busty blond told the Sunday Independent.
"My sympathies also extend to the majority of good, honest and hard-working people living on the island who must weather the damaging consequences. We will be returning to the island this Christmas and New Year."
Rosanna and her family have visited the island since 1995, she adds. "One of the most prominent reasons for our return every year is the genuinely friendly and open Mauritian people.”