Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ellen DeGeneres's Beverly Hills mansion sells for $49 to Ryan Seacrest
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 10:56 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
Ellen - who spent one season on the judging panel of 'American Idol' - and Portia have sold the property at a loss after spending $48 million assembling the huge estate.
They bought the $30 million 9,500-square-foot single-story house and spent millions more on the surrounding properties, before beginning extensive renovation work.
The home sits on 2.87 acres just off Coldwater Canyon - near the Santa Monica Mountains - behind gates on its own street and also includes two guesthouses totaling 15,000 square feet, a three bedroom house, and according to official listings "every conceivable amenity and state-of the-art security".
Portia previously revealed the pair fell in love with the property - which previously belonged at different times to Laurence Harvey, Joan Collins and 'Will & Grace' co-creator Max Mutchnick - when they went to watch a screening of Ryan's show 'American Idol'.
She told Architectural Digest: "We'd heard how beautiful it was and then we came over to watch 'American Idol'. We pulled into the driveway and we just knew before we even walked through the gate."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...