Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton plans to redecorate Kensington Palace
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 09:24 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
A source told Us Weekly: "She's keen to work with interior designer Kelly Hoppen, but she wants to do a lot herself."
Catherine – who was known as Kate Middleton prior to her and William's nuptials – is set to start work on the apartment the pair will inhabit, which used to belong to Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and structural work on the abode is due to begin this September.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are currently residing at their home in Anglesey, North Wales, where they celebrated the prince's 30th birthday last Thursday June 21.
Catherine served the second inline to the throne breakfast in bed on his landmark birthday, and presented him with an especially designed watch by Crown Jewellers Collins & Sons.
The 30-year-old beauty is also said to be organizing a big party for his 30th birthday and she has enlisted the help of his close friends and brother Prince Harry to create a day to remember for the royal, which will see guests asked to make a brief speech about the prince to "provoke memories" of his student days.