‘Dirty Dancing’ legend Patrick Swayze was convinced he would beat pancreatic cancer
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|The late actor during his last stages|
The 'Dirty Dancing' star passed away from pancreatic cancer in September 2009 at the age of 57 and while he was given no chance of survival when he was first diagnosed, he was sure he could conquer the disease.
His mother Patsy Swayze said: "It was a massive shock to everybody in the family when he found out. He was always so healthy. He had never had any serious illnesses or anything. We were all devastated.
"But he just kept working right up until the day he couldn't work anymore and he never complained. He never acted sad – he would go and do things and make personal appearances and people wouldn't know how much pain he was in.
"I knew – but he never talked about it. He was convinced he was going to live through it and never lost hope. He never wanted sympathy, he just kept going. Even when he was so sick he could hardly walk, you wouldn't know it. He never wanted to be a burden."
Patsy, 84, is still so devastated by Patrick's death and can't bring herself to watch his films because it's too hard to see him.
She said: "I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch them again – it hurts too much. You know you're not supposed to outlive your children. I still find it so hard to talk about his passing but, you know, he was so brave." Patrick was survived by his wife Lisa, who he married in 1975.
Miracle girl Megan is cancer free after U.S. treatment
Major breast cancer breakthrough made in Irish University
U2 star Adam Clayton says final farewell to mum Jo at Dublin cremation
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...