Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Demi Lovato faces "a daily battle" daily due to anorexia, bulimia, self-harming and bi-polar disorder
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 04:34 PM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
The 18-year-old star - who checked into rehab last November for a three-month stint to receive treatment for anorexia, bulimia and self-harming and also suffers from bipolar - says things will never be easy for her but she has learned to cope with her issues.
She told Ryan Seacrest in an interview for 'E! News': "I wasn't going to continue to be alive if I continued to treat my body the way I was.
"It's a daily journey and it's definitely going to be a struggle that I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. Sometimes I think, 'Why couldn't I have been normal?' "
Visit Demi Lovato's profile page for more stories, photos and her bio
Demi Lovato was bullied for being fat
Robert Pattinson takes first vacation in four years - will he meet up with Kristen Stewart?
"It's going to be a daily battle and I'm not going to be perfect, but as long as I wake up in the morning and I eat my breakfast and I say, 'Look, 'I'm going to eat this meal for right now. I'm going to eat for the rest of the day, I'm not going to self harm, and I'm not doing to do anything self-destructive.' If I can make it through the day, that's all that matters."
Demi also believes her problems wouldn't have escalated as they did if she had been treated for bipolar earlier.
The 'Skyscraper' singer said: "Just looking back, I was un-medicated for so many years and it led to so many problems, which eventually led to some of my biggest problems which were anorexia and bulimia and cutting."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...