Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Cowboys and Aliens’ star Olivia Wilde is a "little wobbly" following her divorce
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2011 at 09:15 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
The 27-year-old beauty told America's Marie Claire magazine: "The trauma of the divorce has been humbling. And for the first time, I'm a little wobbly. I'm a case of arrested development, in a way - from spending your 20s with someone who really loves to take care of you, as my husband did.
"But I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person."
While she still considers Tao a friend, Olivia says it was clear for some time the marriage was going to fail.
She said: "When the relationship becomes about working to make it work, it's lost that beauty and that optimistic bohemian sense that brought us together
"I kept saying, 'I failed!' Admitting that I'm not perfect was a wonderful thing that came out of this," she said. "There's this fear that everyone is going to be disappointed in you, but I'm human. I don't live up to any sort of ideal.
"Even though it didn't work, there's nothing I regret about any of it."
Olivia Wilde and Ryan Gosling dating?
SEE PHOTOS- Olivia Wilde Photo Gallery
Olivia Wilde goes topless for FHM