Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Conan O’Brien and David Letterman mock their common enemy Jay Leno - VIDEO
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 08:34 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Conan O'Brien and David Letterman|
Over the years, star of “The Tonight Show”, Jay Leno has been favored by NBC over both O’Brien and Letterman. The two hosts spent some time during Conan’s appearance on the show discussing what they have in common.
After O’Brien sat down, the pair shared a long awkward pause before Letterman broke the silence to say, “The longer we sit here, the more uncomfortable it’ll make Jay.”
“You know Jay’s watching right now,” replied Conan.
As they joked, Conan refrained from going into depth about anything that happened with Leno but did put it across that the relationship between the pair is permanently damaged.
In the beginning of the interview, Letterman made it clear that he was overjoyed at Conan’s dismissal at “The Tonight Show”, and watching the events unfold which led to it.
Conan responded saying he was glad somebody was amused by what happened which cracked Letterman up.
The two TV hosts have been linked in many ways in the past, with Jay Leno interfering in both of their careers. NBC offered Jay Leno the “Tonight Show”, over Letterman. After Letterman had left the “Late Night” show in 1993, O’Brien took over. The show struggled with Dave Letterman appearing in guest appearances over the 16 years, before Conan called it a day.
O’Brien was given the “The Tonight Show” in 2009, and after a short 7 months NBC cancelled the show when O’Brien refused to push back the time of his show half an hour for the “Jay Leno Show” which was not doing well at the time. Leno then became the “Tonight Show” host and still has that position.
So, after not appearing on on Letterman’s show for 13 years, Conan and David had some steam to release at their common enemy.
Here’s the interview from Thursday night on Letterman’s show:
The 1993 interview:
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...