Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen thought Ashton Kutcher was "terrific" on his 'Two and a Half Men' debut
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 at 09:43 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The 46-year-old actor – who was replaced by the 33-year-old star after he was sacked from the show earlier this year following erratic behaviour – found it "bizarre" watching the programme after spending seven years on it, but he was "really impressed".
He told 'Access Hollywood': "It was a big night for everybody on Monday night - for ‘Two and a Half',’ for us, for me.
"I think everybody won. I thought the show was really good. I thought [Ashton] was terrific.
"It was a little bizarre watching it, but yeah, for the most part I was really impressed with what they did.”
Charlie expects 'Two and a Half Men' to be a success without him and admitted it felt like watching a completely new show.
Singling out his former co-star Jon Cryer – who plays Alan Harper – he added: "Jon is Jon. He’s a freaking genius. I think [the show has] got a real shot. It felt like a pilot. It felt like a really good pilot."
The first episode of the series – which attracted around 27.8 million viewers - began with Charlie's alter-ego's funeral after his character was killed by a subway train in Paris – and it is not going to be the first time this year the 46-year-old star will see his own memorial service played out onscreen.
He explained: "That’s got to be the highest attended funeral of all time. And it’s interesting because I’m doing [a] film with Roman Coppola and there is a funeral scene in that. So I’m a guy that’s gonna have to survive my own funeral twice in the same year!
“That’s how I roll, right? No, it’s exciting, you know, it’s fun, it’s fake.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...