Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Charlie Sheen pelted with garbage at Gathering of the Juggalos concert
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 09:37 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
However, Charlie took the abuse in his stride, telling the hostile crowd: "Damn! I feel like I'm back in Detroit. I should've worn my f***ing goggles. Before I get impaled, I'm gonna leave the stage."
Charlie's representative later said he took the abuse as a good sign as it was actually the fans' way of showing affection towards him.
He said: "There is no greater compliment to have garbage thrown at an artist."
As well as getting booed over the weekend, Charlie also injured himself on the set of the new 'Major League' film.
The 45-year-old actor was practicing for a scene for the baseball movie at Chase Fields - home of the Arizona Diamondbacks - when he ruptured the ulnar nerve in his elbow, meaning he now finds it hard to grip a bat, causing filming on the project to be halted on Sunday (14.08.11).
Charlie confirmed he is recovering at his house.
He said: "I'm at home and I'm at peace."